GoFundMe page set up for Diane Miller’s family

The devastated family of a pregnant mother, who died after she was allegedly attacked with a block of concrete in a shopping centre carpark, are raising funds to support the eight-month-old son she left behind.

Diane Miller, 30, and her unborn baby died at Royal Perth Hospital just before 2am on Friday after an alleged unprovoked attack at the Waterford Plaza carpark on Manning Rd in Karawara on Tuesday evening.

Ms Miller’s death comes after a vigil was held at the hospital on Thursday night, with loved ones saying their final farewell.

A GoFundMe page has been set up by Angela Ryder, the aunt of Ms Miller’s partner, Phillip Edmonds.

“On behalf of Phillip and baby Lloyde, I have created this GoFundMe page to raise funds to help support this family,” she wrote.

“Funds raised will go towards extra expenses the family face and any future costs to seek justice for Diane.

“Phillip and Diane had only just moved into their long-awaited home a few days before the incident.”

Funds raised would also cover funeral costs, Ms Ryder said in an update to the page following Ms Miller’s death.

Before she died, Mr Edmonds told reporters he was “struggling”.

“I’m so shocked from the accident, from my partner’s accident,” Mr Edmonds said.

“I was there trying to protect my family.

“I’m struggling at the moment and I just want to let everyone know to be there for Diane, my baby and me.”

Ms Miller, who was five months pregnant, was due to find out the sex of her second child next week.

Her brother Malcolm Clifton said his younger sister had always acted like she was the oldest and supported everyone in the family.

“She is our rock but now I’ve got to be everyone else’s rock,” he told 6PR radio on Thursday before her death.

“She’s the most beautiful person you’ll ever meet.”

Ms Miller went into cardiac arrest after a piece of concrete was thrown through her car window and struck her head while she was with her young family.

The homicide squad has now taken over the investigation.

A 17-year-old boy, from Kensington, was previously charged with causing grievous bodily harm.

He also has an unrelated charge of breaching bail.

Following Ms Miller’s death, the grievous bodily harm charge could be upgraded.

The boy, who cannot be named, appeared in Perth Children’s Court on Wednesday and will face another hearing next week.

Inspector Brett Baddock said this week the parties were not known to each other.

“I put it down to quite simply (allegedly) senseless, unprovoked violence, which is unacceptable, and we won’t tolerate it,” he told reporters.

Police said their investigation was ongoing and detectives urged anyone who saw the incident, or who has footage of it, to contact Crime Stoppers.

Originally published as Grieving family’s desperate plea after pregnant mum’s death

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *