Meghan faced ‘disgusting’ threats in UK, says ex-counter terror head
Meghan Markle faced ‘many credible’ threats to her life in Britain, a former counter terrorism chief has said.
Neil Basu was the Met Police’s Assistant Commissioner of Special Operations until last year.
In an interview with Channel 4, he branded the threats made against Meghan ‘disgusting’ and ‘very real’.
He also told the broadcaster that some of those who had sent threats had been prosecuted.
Asked if the threats were ‘credible’, he responded: ‘Absolutely, and if you’d seen the stuff that was written and you were receiving it… the kind of rhetoric that’s online, if you don’t know what I know, you would feel under threat all of the time.’
Mr Basu added: ‘We had teams investigating it. People have been prosecuted for those threats’
Security concerns has been a key problem faced by Meghan Markle and her husband.
Prince Harry stayed away from his grandfather’s memorial service in London’s Westminster Abbey, amid a legal battle with the British government about his security.
He claimed it isn’t safe for him to visit the UK because his Met Police protection was removed when he stopped working as a senior royal.
People will soon get an inside look into the lives of Harry and Meghan.
The release date for the couple’s upcoming docu-series on Netflix is said to have been revealed – and it could be coming just around the corner.
In September 2020, after stepping down as senior working members of the royal family, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex signed a multi-million dollar deal with the streaming platform.
The deal involved working with the company to create a variety of productions, including scripted shows, documentaries and children’s programmes, in collaboration with their own company, Archewell Productions.
While much has been discussed about their own docu-series coming to Netflix, little is known about the mysterious project.
However, it’s been claimed that an exact release date has been settled upon, with it being reported by Page Six that it’ll be dropping on the site on Thursday December 8.
In August, Meghan spoke to The Cut about what viewers can expect from the documentary, explaining that it would shine a spotlight on her relationship with her husband.
‘The piece of my life I haven’t been able to share, that people haven’t been able to see, is our love story,’ she said.
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at email@example.com.
For more stories like this, check our news page.